ARTICLE AD BOX
LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta (CA-AB)
JOB NUMBER: 43962
Why you should join us:
Are you a dynamic continuous-learner, influencer and collaborator with experience in architecting secure business transformation? We need you to apply these skills within the Digital and Information Technology (D&IT) organization to translate business objectives into optimal, secure solutions, guide the creation and evolution of secure digital architectures, harness emerging technology and transform the enterprise through delivering new and secure digital capabilities. In this role, you will provide CyberSecurity architectural direction throughout the process of planning, developing, configuring, integrating, and maintaining Suncor’s technology solutions.
You will use your expertise to:
- Establish, document and communicate the technical vision for the secure solution/product and the plan to achieve it, in alignment to business outcomes and Suncor’s CyberSecurity architecture policies, standards, roadmaps, reference architectures, and architecture patterns.
- Identify, manage and mitigate CyberSecurity and technical risks.
- Ensure that non-functional CyberSecurity requirements are identified and delivered in the final project solution
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders including: product team, business clients, technical stakeholders, and third party solution or service providers
- Develop and maintain architecture models, technical capability models and roadmaps for digital products and product categories in Enterprise Architecture repository.
- Assess and optimize assigned subsets of the CyberSecurity Portfolio
We’d like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- Five years of solution architecture experience in mid to large sized enterprises
- A recognized CyberSecurity Credential such as CISSP or CISM
- Experience designing secure networks, secure cloud solutions, secure data solutions, and secure application solutions.
- An undergraduate degree or relevant education in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or Business
- Strong writing and IT architecture modelling capabilities (contextual, conceptual and logical) to author technical solution documents that align to existing policies, standards and roadmaps
- Good understanding and experience with architecting cloud solutions e.g., Azure/AWS Cloud
- Experience with architecting solutions that drive the DevSecOps culture and delivers incremental value using CI/CD pipelines, automation, configuration management, DevSecOps tools and other DevSecOps practices
- Experience with assessing, architecting, and delivering enterprise-grade CyberSecurity capabilities such as: data encryption, DMZs, firewalls, SIEM, secure gateways, VPNs, key management, identity and access management, PCI compliance, SOX compliance, SWIFT compliance, GDPR / PIPEDA compliance, NERC-CIP compliance, etc.
- Knowledge of industry-standard DevOps Platform tools such Jira, Confluence Jenkins, Ansible Tower, Jenkins, GitHub, DataDog, Splunk, etc.
- Knowledge of industry-standard Cybersecurity Frameworks such as NIST, ISO 27001, etc.
- Experience working in an agile environment to create and evolve the solution architecture while minimizing Suncor’s Cybersecurity Risk.
- Experience and/or formal training in architectural design and common industry frameworks (TOGAF, DODAF, EACOE, ZIF, etc.).
- Ability to create architecture models using ArchiMate Notation
- Experience working with tools such as ARCHI and Avolution’s Abacus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills to “sell and advocate for” and drive visibility of the optimal AND secure solution.
- Experience managing expectations when balancing alternatives against business, financial, technical and CyberSecurity constraints
- Experience building and managing key relationships with external and internal stakeholders across organizational levels.
- Proven technical leadership skills with a servant leadership mindset. Has the ability to coach, influence and facilitate the creation and delivery of the CyberSecurity vision
- Alignment with our values: safety above all else, stronger together, operational discipline, curiosity and lifelong learning, and act with integrity
- Cloud Architecture certification (Azure and/or AWS)
- Experience using Architecture modeling standards such as Archimate
- Solution architecture experience with oil and gas, energy, and/or retail companies
- Working in both a Project and Product model operating model
Where you’ll be working, your work schedule, and other important information:
- You will work out of our Calgary head office, located in the Suncor Energy Centre at 150 – 6th Ave S.W. combined with remote work arrangements in response to COVID-19
- Hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday
- Depending on the nature of the role, we have implemented a Hybrid Work Model to provide our employees with a combination of office-based work and ‘work from home’ flexibility. To learn more, speak to your recruiter
- We require qualified and safety-focused employees for business-critical roles that maintain our commitment to operational excellence and reliable operations. We are using technology to conduct virtual interviews to adhere to physical distancing recommendations and we are well set up for remote onboarding and orientation.
- Suncor encourages everyone do their part and support global efforts to limit the impact of COVID-19 with good hygiene practices, physical distancing, and with care and consideration for the people around you. For more information on how we’re responding to COVID-19, click here. #StrongerTogether
We are Canada's leading integrated energy company with a business portfolio that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing under the Petro-Canada brand. Our global presence offers rewarding opportunities for you to learn, contribute, and grow in a variety of career-building positions. We live by the value of safety above all else – if it isn't safe, we don't do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on sustainability mean tremendous potential for the future. Learn about our purpose and values.
In addition to rewarding job opportunities, we offer an attractive employee package, including:
- Competitive base salary, compensation programs, and an annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Stay connected to us:
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job postings and news
- Visit our Report on Sustainability to see our progress on a number of environmental, social and economic topics and what we’re doing to position our company for the future
- Join our Talent Community and sign up to receive customized job alerts
- Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see what we’re doing in the communities we live and work in
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request. Check out our social goal to learn how we are working to build greater mutual trust and respect with the Indigenous Peoples in Canada.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so don't delay, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Business Professionals