ARTICLE AD BOX
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Domain Engineer – 98642
As a key contributor to the success of AMD’s product, you will be part of a leading team to drive and enhance AMD’s abilities to deliver the highest quality, industry leading technologies to market. The System Engineering team fosters and encourages continuous technical innovation to showcase successes as well as facilitate continuous career development.
The AMD System Engineering Team is on the lookout for a dynamic, energetic and upbeat Domain Engineer to join our growing team. As Domain Engineer, you will drive the planning, validation, and debug of various hardware IP for forthcoming AMD Discrete Graphics SOC programs. Do you enjoy crafting influential messages and communicating effectively in a dynamic team working environment? If yes, please read on for additional details regarding this position! Our team is looking for someone who can self-start and is able to work efficiently within a team environment and independently to drive tasks to completion.
The Domain Engineer will be responsible for defining and executing the end-to-end test plan and validation strategy for a set of AMD IP’s. Additional responsibilities will include:
- Driving technical innovation to enhance AMD’s capabilities in IP and cross-IP validation, including tool and script development, technical and procedural methodology enhancement, and various internal and cross-functional technical initiatives
- Debugging issues found during pre-silicon, “bringup”, validation, and production phases of SOC programs
- Validating integrated hardware and software functionalities with all corners to ensure problem-free production
- Leading collaborative test approach with multiple teams, and tracking test execution to make sure all features are validated and optimized on time
- Working closely with supporting teams in design, diagnostics, emulation, firmware, and driver to ensure readiness for first silicon arrival, enablement of IP functionality, debug of critical features, and full validation for production
- Engaging on pre-silicon verification efforts, including but not limited to FPGA-based emulation, Design Verification (DV), and other software/hardware modeling frameworks
- Developing knowledge of system architecture, technical debug, and validation strategy
- Supporting issues on customer platforms as requested by customer support teams
We are seeking an Engineer with strong programming/scripting skills (e.g. C/C++, Perl, Ruby, Python) and 2 to 10 years of experience in digital logic/platform design, verification, or post-silicon validation.
- Extensive experience with ASIC debug techniques and methodologies
- Extensive experience with common lab equipment, including protocol/logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Extensive experience with board/platform-level debug, including clock/power delivery, sequencing, analysis, and optimization
- Extensive knowledge of physical and protocol levels of common high-speed interfaces an asset
- In-depth knowledge of PC architectures an asset
Bachelors or Masters Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
Requisition Number: 96842
Country: Canada Province: Ontario City: Markham
Job Function: Design
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.