ARTICLE AD BOX
Requisition ID: 42906
Job Category: Engineering
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
The Mechanical & Piping Group is a Hatch global practice providing Mechanical design expertise to a wide variety of Hatch's commodity-based business practices. Our capability spans through the whole project lifecycle comprising; scoping, conceptual design, pre-feasibility, feasibility studies, detailed engineering, construction support and project management. The group supports several different fields, such as energy, mineral processing and infrastructure.
Our Saskatoon team is currently seeking a dedicated Mechanical Designer to assist project work in the office with potential field opportunities. The designer is broadly responsible for development of the 3D Model and 2D drawings while leading model design reviews and milestone reviews. In addition, the designer is required to provide support to the various discipline engineers and the construction team.
- Strong personal commitment to Safety and Quality.
- Ability to work and communicate positively within a team.
- Ability to be a working lead for a project team of designers forming a multidisciplinary team
- Understanding of project mission including user requirements
- Support project kick off and attend site visits as required
- Develop engineering hours estimates for deliverables and timed acitivities
- Ensure the delivery of major milestone reviews for all areas.
- Delivery of 3D model, drawings and clash detection reports.
- Checking of 3D models and drawings developed by others.
- Responsible for managing budgets, schedule and deliverables related to the layout.
- Working with construction to align deliverables with contractual requirements.
- Coordinate with client representatives and all matters related to layout.
- Provide mentorship and supervision to the design team.
- Provide regular feedback to the Overall Engineering Manager and Mechanical Lead on progress with preparation of deliverables.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a heavy industrial design and layout, EPCM environment is preferred.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with and coordinating a design with multiple disciplines.
- Experience in mentoring young professionals
- Strong ability to engage and coordinate the design with client representatives
- Experience with Bentley, Openplant, or 3D Microstation.
- Knowledge of project delivery, including the activities, interfaces and interdependence of all project disciplines.
- Experience with greenfield and brownfield interfaces, including constructability experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Willing and able to travel for short durations to various global project offices or to site is considered an asset.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.