ARTICLE AD BOX
LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta (CA-AB)
JOB NUMBER: 58006
Why you should join us:
Are you energized to be situated on a trade floor, and experience the dynamic, exciting environment where multi-million dollar energy contracts are bought and sold on the markets every single day? As part of a highly motivated and professional team you will be accountable for providing sophisticated risk management oversight of the crude trading and marketing activities within the Supply, Trading, and Optimization division.
You will use your expertise to:
- Drive continuous improvements in risk management processes
- Provide expertise in identifying and reporting trading risk exposures, earned trading value and advise on internal book structure and transfer pricing methodologies
- Collaborate and partner with the business as it undergoes a transformation in the breadth and complexity of its Crude Oil trading operations
- Participate as a Subject Matter Expertise on various cross-functional project teams; liaise between Trading, Finance, and Legal stakeholders
- Maintain a “culture of compliance” as trading operations evolve, and are effected by new and emerging derivative regulations
We’d like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a physical crude oil marketing, trading environment, refined products, liquid petroleum gas
- Bachelor Degree in Commerce, Economics, Finance, Engineering, or Mathematics
- Superior knowledge of risk management concepts, the trading cycle and commodity derivatives
- Advanced excel skills and experience with Energy Trading Risk Management (ETRM) systems
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to analyze complex sets of data, and problem solve independently
- Alignment with our values of: safety above all else, respect, raise the bar, commitments matter and do the right thing
- Experience in a large organization with complex operations and a strong sophisticated control environment
- Experience in a Product trading environment
- VBA, SQL programming skills and experience with Commodity XL
- Experience with Microsoft Power Apps, Power BI, Power Automate
- Completion of or in process of Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation
- Demonstrate a high level of intellectual curiosity for understanding markets, finance, and commerce.
- Ability to function and focus on detailed tasks in a noisy environment
- Detail oriented - ability to demonstrate a high degree of accuracy in their work
Where you’ll be working, your work schedule, and other meaningful information:
- You will work out of our Calgary head office, located in the Suncor Energy Centre at 150 – 6th Ave S.W.
- Hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday
- Flexibility in work hours required as a U.S. based holiday calendar is followed
We require qualified and safety-focused employees for business-critical roles that maintain our commitment to operational excellence and reliable operations. We are using technology to conduct virtual interviews to adhere to physical distancing recommendations and we are well set up for remote onboarding and orientation
Suncor encourages everyone to do their part and support global efforts to limit the impact of COVID-19 with good hygiene practices, physical distancing, and with care and consideration for the people around you. For more information on how we’re responding to COVID-19, click here. #StrongerTogether
We are Canada's leading integrated energy company with a business portfolio that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing under the Petro-Canada brand. Our global presence offers rewarding opportunities for you to learn, contribute, and grow in a variety of career-building positions. We live by the value of safety above all else – if it isn't safe, we don't do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on sustainability mean tremendous potential for the future. Learn about our purpose and values.
In addition to rewarding job opportunities, we offer an attractive employee package, including:
- Competitive base salary, compensation programs, and an annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Stay connected to us:
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job postings and news
- Visit our Report on Sustainability to see our progress on a number of environmental, social and economic topics and what we’re doing to position our company for the future
- Join our Talent Community and sign up to receive customized job alerts
- Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see what we’re doing in the communities we live and work in
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request. Check out our social goal to learn how we are working to build greater mutual trust and respect with the Indigenous Peoples in Canada.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so don't delay, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Business Professionals