ARTICLE AD BOX
Requisition ID: 290980
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The HANA & Analtyics - Enterprise Data Catalog team is looking for an enthusiastic Senior Software Engineer! This role is part of a team where we work on the core Data Management Cloud services which power the whole SAP's cloud portfolio for data and analytics. We work on interesting data and engineering problems at enterprise scale, to help unlock value at the world's largest and best-known companies.
The team embraces full stack development that involves web frontend, micro-services and databases. You will have the opportunities to build the end to end data solutions that not just power existing SAP’s cloud portfolio, but also accelerate the eco-system of our business technology cloud platform at SAP.
We need a technically strong and capable engineer who learns quickly, communicates well, loves problem solving, and stay productive either working independently and collaboratively. Come join us if you think you can thrive in such an environment, and passionate about making a difference for SAP’s cloud strategy and cloud product portfolio!
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Collaboratively design new features with different cloud product teams that extends to colleagues in remote locations and also with Product Management and User Experience teams.
- Analyze business requirements or problems to build feasible and cost effective solutions
- Implement high quality software code
- Promote and maintain effective software engineering practice in the team
- Drive new customer features from inception to delivery, including project management for team members involved
- Stay current with latest technology and proactively look for ways to advance our products and solutions
- Coach junior team members
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or Engineering
- Strong problem-solving skillset
- Good knowledge of latest software design principles
- Experience developing enterprise-grade cloud software and its associated concerns. E.g. Performance, Reliability, Scalability, Security, etc.
- Ability to work well in a team as well as independently and have a positive, self-motivated can-do attitude
- Excellent communication skills
Bonus if you have experience with:
- Enterprise Content Management Solutions
- Enterprise Data Management and Data Governance
- Building containerized applications and services using Kubernetes and Docker
- Database technologies
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.