ARTICLE AD BOX
Requisition ID: 291774
Work Area: Software-Development Operations
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Do you want to be part of a growing global engineering team that focuses on building solutions that maximize the use of emerging technologies to achieve superior value and scalability of our business?
Do you want a great career opportunity that combines your software engineering skills with cloud operations?
Do you want to extend your professional competence to tackle large-scale operational engineering problems?
If so, join us!
The Foundational Plane organization part of SAP BTP Core (T&I Board Area) is seeking a committed senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE). The SRE role incorporates aspects of software engineering and applies them to operations whose goals are to create ultra-scalable and highly reliable software systems reducing manual intervention.
As part of the Site Reliability Engineer team, the ideal candidate will apply entrepreneurial spirit to drive strategic topics, effective DevOps processes and ensure high quality of our deliveries.
You will have opportunities to demonstrate your abilities and learn new skills.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Work closely with development teams to achieve high level of availability, reliability and performance of their service
- Develop tools & automation on top of GCP, Azure & AWS to continuously reduce the need for manual intervention
- Implement automated solutions for continuous integration and delivery (CI / CD)
- Implement monitoring, Logging, alerting and SLA Reporting (observability)
- Implement service monitoring dashboards displaying key metrics
- Manage Infrastructure through automation (Infrastructure as Code)
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Develop automation, optimize and drive efficiency in processes, tools and communication across teams
- Apply SRE best practices
- Participate in root cause analysis
- Participate in the on-call duty rotation
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in software engineering with strong understanding of operations
- Good knowledge of Kubernetes & Docker
- Automation experience with at least one configuration/deployment management system such as Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible or other similar tools
- Experience working with at least one of the following programming languages: Go, Python, Node.js, Ruby and Java
- Experience working in an Agile, fast-paced, DevOps environment
- Good knowledge of git and git workflows and able to leverage CI and CD tools to automate build and release process
- Good knowledge of cloud native technologies, cloud infrastructure and understanding of micro-services architecture
- Good Knowledge & minimum hands-on experience with public cloud providers (GCP, Azure, AWS)
- Hands on experience embedding security process in the SDLC is a plus
- Good Knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Willingness to continuously learn new technologies and methodologies
- Good team-oriented interpersonal skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication skill (Fluency in English)
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.