ARTICLE AD BOX
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Software Development Engineer 2
The KMD (Kernel Mode Driver) team is responsible for developing a variety of core software features bridging the operating system with AMD’s graphics hardware. The Testing and Tools Scrum team develops a variety of tools that facilitate driver development - from high-level test automation in Python, through low-level debugging tools in C++, you will get to work on diverse systems using myriad languages and frameworks.
We are looking for a talented software engineer who is passionate about system design, software development and problem solving. You will be working with a group of engineers to create and maintain tools and automated test systems that will support AMD graphic drivers’ development.
You will work as a part of a Scrum team to develop, improve and/or maintain some internal products. You will code mainly using C++ and Python languages and, occasionally, will work with some PowerShell scripting to automate some processes.
As this job position is for a growing team, which is expanding its scope, the ideal candidate should be a versatile engineer, open for new challenges and, at the same time, a good team collaborator.
A passion for building quality software is paramount, and strong product development skills with modern C++ is a must. Aligned with that, strong problem-solving skills, ability to work as a part of a team and a good understanding of PC architecture and operating system concepts are required.
Knowledge of device driver development under Windows is a plus.
- Develop WinDbg extensions using C++.
- Maintain and improve Continuous Integration tests of AMD Graphic Drivers.
- Design and develop internal tools using C++ and/or Python.
- Work with other developers for feature implementation and problem-solving.
- Object Oriented Programming knowledge.
- Modern C++ development experience.
- Experience with scripting in Python.
- Comfortable learning a variety new languages and frameworks.
- Comfortable working in a Scrum team and taking an active role in team discussions.
- Be able to independently drive tasks to completion.
- Solving problems, ability to triage and root cause issue.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience with Jira, Git and/or GitHub.
- Experience developing in a Windows environment.
- Experience with Scrum or Kanban.
- Familiarity or knowledge of design patterns.
- Experience with WinDbg or Kernel Mode Debugging skills.
- Microsoft Windows Architecture Knowledge.
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent degree
- Canada, Ontario, Markham
Requisition Number: 94041
Country: Canada Province: Ontario City: Markham
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.