ARTICLE AD BOX
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Senior Technical Program Manager
Program Management in the Operations team within Radeon Technology Group (RTG) – the engineering division in AMD responsible for Graphics and GPU Compute silicon, software, and solutions. In this high-profile role, you will be the overall program leader for key engineering and/or operational initiatives from concept to execution. You will work across all of Engineering and Business to meet overall product objectives. This position offers deep exposure to industry leading Graphics, GPU Compute, Machine Learning and related technologies.
Minimum of 9-12 years program management experience in IP, SOC, Software or product development field. The candidate should have experience both as a technical lead as well as a project manager. The candidate must also have a strong understanding of the general silicon engineering process (preferably GPU or APU), from concept to production. The candidate is required to have experience independently driving global and multi-disciplined sophisticated engineering programs in parallel. Polished communication skills and ability to handle multiple challenging priorities are a critical requirement for this highly clear role.
- Drive technology definition and development across software, hardware, ecosystem, in collaboration with architecture and engineering functions
- Act as our lead IP security program manager interfacing with IT to design and deliver improved processes
- Lead program management initiatives for cross-functional sizing initiatives across all graphics functions for business partners
- Responsible to Radeon Technologies Group leadership and reports out regularly on status, decisions, issues to senior executives including CTO level technologists
- Delivers on all aspects of the program, in alignment with the customer product requirements
- Delivering on all program commitments from inception to execution
- Program-level definition in concert with architects and business leaders
- Delivers program to achieve achievements within schedule and budget
- Primary owner of overall messaging of status/issues to key partners
- Validated ability to drive multiple strategic operational programs, can multi-task effectively and handle dynamic priorities
- Has expertise in graphics IP, SOC, and/or SW development, and ideally also overall product development
- Understands engineering & business processes and reporting
- Role requires high standards of communication, efficiency, eye for business and collaboration
- Ability to work in a large matrixed organization and achieve results via influence
- Self-starter with leadership skills who are interested and passionate about a fast paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- PMP certification
BS or master’s degree in related field preferred.
Markham, Ontario or Austin, Texas
Requisition Number: 94421
Country: Canada State: Ontario City: Markham
Job Function: Other Engineering
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.